Friday 10 June 2016

A compendium of catch ups!

A few things to post on here today! I was a busy bee for the past few weeks getting enough pieces made for my stall at the Poulton Gala last Saturday. The weather was kind and I had a lovely day.


It was certainly a nice change not having to worry about keeping everything dry as I have to when we have the Christmas market!

My monthly ATC swaps are proving to be very popular. May's theme was "Fabric" and, as always, this could be interpreted in any way. Here are photos of just some of the ATC's that have been swapped....

From left to right these are by Catherine, Lilly and Kelly. All gorgeous and all so different. The centre one, by Lilly, has a felted flower brooch that can be removed - how clever!

These three are by Tracey, Kelly and Millie....I love how everyone has been inspired by the same theme but each has come up with something different.

Just a few of the many lovely ATC's that were swapped in May.

If you fancy joining in with the June swap, the theme this month is "Books" which can be interpreted as you wish. The simple rules are to create three ATC's on the theme, each being 2.5" x 3.5" and with details on the reverse (your name, date, title etc). The deadline is the 30th of June so there's still lots of time. Just drop me an email to register your name and I'll send you the address details.

Mentioning emails....mine is changing! I was with Virgin but am now with TalkTalk so my new  address is ljm.design1@talktalk.net

On the Design Team front, Millie Moss has been busy creating postcards, which seems to becoming a popular idea now. Millie shared two that she had made using some of my images...
....the one on the left features my digi download "Oswald" and on the right is the postcard made using my stamp set
Zendoodle Houses (SDCSA6049).


To complete them, Millie has stamped a very authentic postcard image on the reverse. Millie says they are made using 4" x 6" index cards. What a lovely idea!

If you are thinking of trying digital downloadable images, I have mine on a special offer until midnight on Sunday 12th June. If you purchase one you can get a second one at half price. As I am not very "tech savvy", I don't know how to offer the discount at the checkout, so I will refund the saving. The designs are all available HERE and, once downloaded, they can be printed out as often as you wish, re sized, flipped etc...very versatile!

To finish this round up, here are a few images of some of the pieces that I've made recently...
 ....this is a 16" x 16" canvas that I made using "Gorjuss" image which I then blended acrylics over and added dimensional pieces to before painting and adding lustres. 






I've gone a bit crazy with hearts lately and made quite a few heart shaped wall hangings in various styles....


And a wood block canvas....just to celebrate colour!
All of these, and more, are on the shelf in my Etsy shop 
I think that's everything that's been going on here creatively at the moment! I'll try not to leave it so long till next time!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete